Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Simplicity of Love

Okay, so this may be a little weird for some of you that are reading this. That’s okay! It was weird for me to click "publish post"!! In fact, I really did NOT want to post this, it’s kind of personal for me, but I know I’m not the only one that feels like this/going through these emotions. So, if you would just bear with the first paragraph, you can make it through the rest. In fact, I promise! J

I want to be whispered to with the gentlest of voices that says, “I love you.”  I want someone who will be willing to come up to me in a crowded room and slip his arm around my shoulders, and talk with my best of friends while giving me the assurance that he’s not going to leave my side. What about this wasting Friday night business? Yeah, I want that. How much will it cost to just hear his voice every day? What will it be like to run into a comforting hug after a long hard day? Can I collapse in his arms and just break down and cry without worrying what he’s thinking? Will he bring comfort as I lay in his lap crying? Will he not entice my problems, but just be there to listen to me complain? What’s it like to have a ten minute hug? What’s it like to be loved in the most simplistic way? What’s it like to know that you’re loved? What’s it like?
I am at a point in my life where I feel like I’ve wasted my time. I don’t want to look for this. I’ve always assumed it [love] would find me when I’m not looking. But, honestly, I feel unworthy to be liked. I feel unworthy to be loved. I have more junk in my life than anyone else I know… I just know how to smile to cover up the pain that’s screaming out on the inside. Who would want this piece of junk that’s typing this? Who would want to be the comforter in this type of situation? Who? Well, there is someone…
He’s the creator of the universe. The alpha and omega. Beginning and the end. He wants me. He wants to comfort me… He’s always been there. He has come up to me in a crowded room proclaiming that He will always be by my side even when I would deny He’s there. He longs for me to spend hours upon hours with Him (yes, even on Friday nights). He longs to listen to me rant and rave about the sad days, and rejoice in the happy days. How much does it cost to hear his voice every day? If I listen, He talks…key word: IF. He longs to embrace me with all that He has; but instead of running to His embrace, I run as far as I can….because I’m scared.
I’m scared that He’ll tell me I’m beautiful. I’m scared He’ll tell me I’m worthy of love. I’m scared of what I’ll do with his support. Bottom line is I’m scared. The darling of heaven was crucified for you and me. Think about it, He shed His blood for me… the girl that is scared out of her mind… the girl that runs when things are going well. He tells me every day that I’m WORTH His perfect love. He loves me with all of my faults and failures. He cares. He’s there, listening to my EVERY complaint, my every joy, my every lament. He’s there! He’s my comforter. He’s my victory. He is my everything!!
And you know what? This creator, this lover, this comforter, this victory, this listener, is there for you, too. All you have to do is call out His name: Jesus.
So, the next time you’re having a meltdown or have an amazing encounter, and you feel like no one’s there… He is. And He’s waiting for YOU J
Wherever you're at right now in life, God is still God. He's God in your joy, He's God in your sorrow. He's MADLY in love with YOU!! He DESIRES you!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the word! I am glad that i'm not the only one that has those feelings. thank you for opening up your heart and letting others read it. it really does help me. please press on and keep writing!

    ReplyDelete